- All photos taken with Close-up are stored in the client and only in the client by default. They are not transmitted to any third party service when taken.
- Photos deleted within Close-up are cached for a week in the client so that they can be restored. This feature is present to help avoid user data loss.
- With Dropbox sync enabled, photos taken in Close-up are synchronized with a user's private Dropbox account. The photos are not copied or stored anywhere else when Dropbox sync is enabled.
- Use of Close-up's Imgur sharing option uploads a photo or animated GIF to Imgur anonymously without using any Imugr account. There is no way to use any individual Imgur credentials at this time.
- Prior to Close-up 1.7.6, use of the "Copy Link" functionality within Close-up would upload a user's photo to Close-up's CDN to generate a shareable link. This behavior has been removed, all photos shared are now hosted in whichever service they're shared to. "Copy Link" is currently only available to users with Dropbox sync enabled, use of it copies a Dropbox URL.